Welcome to ArtStreet!
ArtStreet is one of the University of Dayton’s most exciting communities, located in a complex in the South Student Neighborhood that is designed to fuse creative and innovative perspectives through arts experiences. Over the past decade, the creative footprint established by the myriad of influencers at ArtStreet has inspired thousands of students, staff and faculty at the University of Dayton along with curious individuals from across the country and around the world. And we are not about to stop ...
However you engage with this evolving multidisciplinary center, you will be impacted by the radical creative arts experiences that are being designed for both curricular and co-curricular intention. Find your inspiration in our White Box Gallery. Explore your creativity at one of our hands-on Intersections. Grab a sandwich at Flyer Enterprises' student-run ArtStreet Café. Practice your guitar in one of our rehearsal rooms. Record your band's newest tracks in the Street Sounds recording studio. Plug in at a Thursday Night Live performance. Check out a film in our screening room. Come unleash your creative potential!
Upcoming EventsView Full Calendar >>
White Box Gallery
The exhibition season in the White Box Gallery produces and commissions world premiere multimedia installations that pump blood through the programmatic and curricular body of the ArtStreet complex. Exhibitions fuel the vision of ArtStreet by showcasing the tangible aesthetics of ‘radical creative’ design as living and breathing arts experiences that can change the world.
Learn more about ArtStreet White Box Gallery >>
In these multidisciplinary workshops (formerly known as our Wednesday Workshop series), participants engage in a creative immersion celebrating diversity and the human experience through a variety of topics. Learn more about Intersections >>
Through the classic salon format of discussion and debate, the campus and greater Dayton community come together to exchange creative thought on current artistic and social challenges. Moderated by Brian LaDuca, ArtStreet director, and presented in conjunction with our exhibition openings.
Learn more >>
Immersive city and regional trips coordinated by students, for students, that explore contemporary issues in social practice and radical creativity. More info coming soon!
Explore contemporary issues through film. Presented in collaboration with partners across campus.
Learn more about our Film Series >>
Thursday Night Live Music
Held every Thursday evening in the ArtStreet Café, this showcase of UD student musical talent is a campus favorite. Presented in partnership with ArtStreet Café and Street Sounds.
Learn more about Thursday Night Live >>
ArtStreet's programmatic and fiscal support for a variety of visiting artist and artist-in-residence programs impact academic excellence at UD by providing students with hands-on experiences of creativity, diversity, and community in the student neighborhood and across campus. ArtStreet has hosted and sponsored local, national and international visiting visual and performing artists.
Learn more about our Artist in Residence Program >>
ArtStreet provides a $2 discount deal for UD students at the Neon Movies, a local independent alternative cinema. Discount given at theatre with valid UD student ID; available August - May only.
Visit the Neon Movies website (www) >>
Join the ArtStreet Community
ArtStreet Living Learning Community
Each year, the ArtStreet Living Learning Community consists of 58 junior and senior students of all majors. All residents participate in the ArtStreet Experience class and in numerous art-related activities, projects, events, field trips, visiting artist workshops, etc.
ArtStreet Café is the only full-service café located in the heart of the student neighborhood on the University of Dayton campus. Owned and operated by Flyer Enterprises, the umbrella organization for UD’s student-run businesses, the café offers a wide variety of panini and bagel sandwiches, wraps, soups, salads, pastries, a breakfast menu, smoothies, The Blend espresso line and Boston Stoker Coffee.
Flyer Enterprises Catering also offers custom menus for events at ArtStreet and other campus locations. Learn more >>
Street Sounds Recording Studio
Street Sounds Recording Studio, a student organization at the University of Dayton, is a fully functional recording studio. Run and managed by students of UD, Street Sounds combines the features of a professional studio with the education of recording workshop.
WUDR Flyer Radio
Broadcasting from ArtStreet, WUDR Flyer Radio 99.5/98.1 is completely student run and operated. We bring you all the greats from the top pop, rock, and hip hop/R&B artists.
Reserve a Room at ArtStreet
Spaces Available for Reservation
- Studio A1 is a medium-sized rehearsal room equipped with a baby grand piano, electric piano and drum set; maximum 8 people.
- Studio B (Screening Room) is equipped with large-scale projection screen, surround-sound, cable TV, Blu-Ray, DVD and CD players, VCR, turntable, VGA and HDMI computer hookup (notebook computer available by reservation; groups may also use their own) and dry-erase boards. Studio B contains 43 chairs with tablet desks.
- Studio C (Collaboration Classroom) is equipped with large scale projection screen, cable TV, Blu-Ray and DVD players, VCR, VGA and HDMI computer hookup (notebook computer available by reservation; groups may also use their own), and dry-erase boards. Studio C contains 36 chairs with tablet desks.
- Studio E (Creator Space) is a creative studio, also suitable for informal meetings; Studio E contains dry-erase walls, pushpin-ready walls, a large-scale projection TV, art and fabrication supplies, work tables and stools to accommodate 20 people.
- Amphitheatre and plaza are available for performances, festivals, cookouts and other outdoor events.
- PLEASE NOTE: Studio D (White Box Gallery) is no longer available for event reservations during exhibition seasons.
During fall and spring semesters, ArtStreet is open 8 am - midnight Monday - Friday, 12 pm - midnight Saturday and Sunday. During the summer session, ArtStreet is open Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4 pm.
Submitting a request does NOT guarantee your reservation. Requests will be processed in the order they are received; you will receive a response via email by the end of the next business day. For additional assistance with your request , please call (937) 229-5101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can reserve space in ArtStreet?
- University departments
- University faculty, staff and student organizations
- Individual UD students, staff, and faculty
- Community groups conducting educational activities (rental fees apply, considered on a case-by-case basis, first priority to University events)
First priority is given to activities relating to ArtStreet mission and goals, but we also accommodate non-art related activities. ArtStreet reserves the right to determine appropriate use of space.